• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

WWBWD?

Main Menu

All things Anime

Started by Barnstorm, September 21, 2009, 03:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barnstorm

Are there many anime fans on here

looking at cpt muntas avatar i see he like deaths note
then someone suggested soul eater so ive started to down load that

so just curious what anime is good/do you watch

my favs are
berserk
death note
initial d
and i just read narruto and bleach manga now (fillers made me rage)

HoneyBadger

Bokusatsu No Tenshi Dokuro Chan.... Nah not really.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

geneterror

I've taken a bit of a break lately but a few recent releases in Japan have sparked my interest again.
Some faves from the last few years include Samurai Champloo, Death Note, Soul Eater (my favourite), Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Valkyria Chronicles, I still have some Elfin Lied and School Rumble on my comp I haven't started to watch yet. Also keen to check out more Eureka Seven, the new series from the people that made Soul Eater.

Moviewise not much has interested me since Spirted Away really apart from Aachi and Ssipak (Korean) and Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo (The girl who leapt through time) both of which are original and really well animated.
KOW 2011

HoneyBadger

Watch yourself some School Rumble!

MUMMYHALA

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Whats the one with the chick drawn with the massive rack?
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

I watched that Devil May Cry anime, that was all right, probably just cos i liked the games.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

budafist

I miss the classic anime from back in the day -wicked city, ninja scroll, devilman etc.
but recently FLCL has been my favourite series.

also Code Gease and of course Naruto.
The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

CrazyMobius

I should like Anime but the reality is that I don't really follow any or even watch any. I care about the character designs and the art but not so much the stories... Also none are weird or wacky enough for my tastes.

fluxcore

Quote from: CrazyMobius on September 21, 2009, 06:22:04 PM
none are weird or wacky enough for my tastes.

Wow, that's a sentiment I've never heard about Anime before.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HoneyBadger

Yeah, tell me some of the movies or something you like, I guarantee I can find something close to that in anime

MUMMYHALA

CptMunta

Quote from: CrazyMobius on September 21, 2009, 06:22:04 PM
I should like Anime but the reality is that I don't really follow any or even watch any. I care about the character designs and the art but not so much the stories... Also none are weird or wacky enough for my tastes.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure,

It's in the Title. Probably this and Death Note which I just finished watching over the weekend are my favorites.

As for Movies: Tekkon Kireti, Princess Mononoke, Paprikia

Books: JoJo, Eat man, Samurai Executioner among others.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

HoneyBadger

Dunno how you can call Death Note, Samurai Executioner or any of the movies weird =P JoJo's was pretty cool from what I've seen of it

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Oh yeah Afro Samurai is pretty bad too. Is their any anime MOVIES like this (gory) that someone can recommend to me.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

electric

Quote from: weazzyefff on September 21, 2009, 06:53:12 PM
Oh yeah Afro Samurai is pretty bad too. Is their any anime MOVIES like this (gory) that someone can recommend to me.

Ninja Scroll is a classic. Also, I just watched Sword of the Samurai the other day... although the story gets a little gay, the fight scenes are fuckin' awesome
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla