• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Auckland - Yifan's Queen St

Started by fluxcore, January 10, 2007, 02:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Thanks for Ulrira & Coddfish for more details on this arcade, it's probably the best in NZ.
Located next to Midcity mall on Queen St, couple of blocks down from Borders. See this post for a map and directions :D

Lots of good games & comp, including:

Street Fighter 4
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Blazblue

Marvel vs Capcom 2
Street Fighter 3: 3rd strike
King Of Fighters XI(might be gone now), 2002, 97, 98, probably the rest but who cares...
Tekken 6,5 and Dark Resurrection, 4 and Tag
Samurai Shodown Tenka(?), 5 special(?), 1-4 on mame cabs.
Guilty Gear XX# Reload
Melty Blood: Act Cadenza Ver.B
Street Fighter World Warrior, Hyper Fighting/Turbo, Alpha 2, Alpha 3, Anniversary Edition
X-men vs Street Fighter
Marvel vs Capcom
SNK vs Capcom Chaos
Capcom vs SNK 2
Soul Calibur 3
Project Justice
Virtua Fighter 4
Super Dragonball Z
Neogeo Battle Colliseum
Dead or Alive 2
Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter (possibly)

Basically everything! Except UMK3 :((( Hope they get Accent Core, too...

Stick/cab type: Japanese style balltops, sitdown head to head cabs.

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Ulrira

Yep, they're pretty good. They've got street fighter ww, hyper fighting, alpha 2, alpha 3, aniversary edition and a couple of head to head 3rd strike cabs, a whole lot of king of fighters head to head cabs (don't really play kof so don't know which ones), some tekken 5 and tekken 5 dr head to heads, tekken 4 and I think tekken tag, samurai shodown tenka and mabey 5, x-men vs street fighter, mvc, mvc 2, svc chaos, capcom vs snk 2, soul calibur 3, project justice, virtua fighter 4, guilty gear (not sure which one), super dbz and I think thats it.

Don't forget game paradise on lorne st though. Their selection isn't as good but their 3rd strike machines are cheaper and there's a cool bunch of guys that play there.

fluxcore

Thanks for the info! So they *DO* have Samsho tenka! I've been wanting to play that for ages! :DDD

I'll make another post for the Game Paradise Lorne St, I wasn't aware of that one...

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Ulrira

Just remembered, they've also got neogeo battle coliseum, dead or alive 2 and possibly marvel super heroes vs street fighter.

Coddfish

Well I was there today, so I can confirm some things..

The Guilty Gear they have is GGX2: #Reload.
I didn't note every one, but they seem to have every KoF from '97 up to XI (The next in the main series after 2003, first game since they decided to stop naming them using years)

Marvel vs Street Fighter: Yes
Samsho Tenka: Yes, its named Samsho 6. Right next to the #R machine.
They also seem to have Samsho 1-5 on MAME-like cabs - the ones where there's a whole load of games on one cab and you choose one. I saw Samsho 1-3 with my own eyes, different machines had a different selection of games though, so I would assume they would have 4 and 5 on another machine.

And if you're looking for it, its on Queen Street, on the right hand side (if your back is to the ferry). A block or two down from Borders/where iMax used to be.

Eddy_COMBO

Yeah those old-School Cabinet are cool theres also

WWF Royal Rumble: So old its even named WWF instead of WWE LOL
Super Gem Fighter[?]: If thats what its called the one with midget Street Fighter and Darkstalkers fighters. Also its very looney I see Dan singing like Elvis, Chun-Li Directing traffic for her Special LOL.

I can take a look if there are any others like maybe Shaq Fu (lol fluxcore)

I love Darkstalkers anyone interested in PSP 2 player with Darkstalkers in Yifans hmm maybe not might get jacked LOL...

EDIT: they also have Fatal Fury
PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

samurai black

those MAME cabinets really have too many games to mention

fluxcore

Quote from: samurai black on January 20, 2007, 01:34:53 PM
those MAME cabinets really have too many games to mention

It's cheating! :D

--flux

gunsmoke

LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

gunsmoke

ABC_SMN

Hey People..... when is ur day off to come down and play in Yifans??

Im always free on Wed..  ;D

gunsmoke

Quote from: ABC_SMN on January 30, 2007, 11:56:09 AM

Yes i did came today.......Finally i did it  ;D War/Ironman/Doom Team JJ "ROCK" .  ::) No more srcub simon lol.....lucky da stick is broken or else i own da rest of da game heheheh  8)

ABC_SMN

Quote from: gunsmoke on January 30, 2007, 09:34:08 PM

Yes i did came today.......Finally i did it  ;D War/Ironman/Doom Team JJ "ROCK" .  ::) No more srcub simon lol.....lucky da stick is broken or else i own da rest of da game heheheh  8)

Whatever..... My Stick was half broken too~
or else my infinit kick YOUR A** :P hahahaha

gunsmoke

Quote from: ABC_SMN on January 31, 2007, 01:38:28 AM

Whatever..... My Stick was half broken too~
or else my infinit kick YOUR A** :P hahahaha

T______________T

fluxcore

I'm really pleased that people are actually getting together with the help of this site... brings a tear to my eye! :D

A US player from way back by the name of Julius Jackson played WM/IM/Doom and was pretty beastly at it... search for match vids (I have some on one of my many dvds of vids). Inf -> War Destroyer DHC Proton Cannon...

--flux