• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

RANDOM ULTRA

Started by Lennysaurus, April 28, 2011, 09:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

RANDOM ULTRA

A tournament with a twist! RANDOM ULTRA is a random team tournament which will have plenty of time remaining for casual setups.

Because the teams will be random at this tournament there are no cash prizes however we will have spot prizes which will be given out during the day.

Date: Saturday the 21st of May
Time: Registration opens at 11:00am. Games start at 12:00pm. Wrapped up by 5:00pm.
Games: Super Street Fighter 4 and Marvel vs Capcom 3
Cost: $10 per person per game or $15 dollars for two games
Venue: Giga Internet Cafe, Level 2, 65 Wakefield Street, Auckland CBD
Prizes: Spot prizes :-)

Rules/Format:

-       Teams will consist of two players;
-       Teams will be randomly selected on the day of the tournament;
-       Each player must nominate two characters for SSF4 and two teams for MVC3 at the time of registration. Players may only use their nominated characters during the tournament;
-       Mikado format will be used (IE: team alphabet vs team numbers, Player A plays Player 1, Player B then plays Player 2, if A & B or 1 & 2 win then the game is over, otherwise the winner from team numbers plays the winner from team alphabet);
-       All other standard rules apply.

Other:
-       Casuals are expected to start around 2pm. Spectators do not get to play casuals;
-       All games will be played on XBOX360;
-       Please remember to bring your sticks!

So guys, just a heads up.  This will be mostly for us to build up our funds to make sure that this years nationals are better than ever!  Think of it as a fundraiser!

See you guys there!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Skullator

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

sweet , sounds good !!!!!!
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

IR U IM B IL E

This is on my birthday  :-\ ... yusssSSSS!
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

massi4h

Sounds fun. Tempted to pick Dan and Hakan for my SSF4 team haha but I should do it serious I guess.

And honestly guys, just enter marvel, don't worry about losing or being carried cause really the best of the 4 players in each match is bound to have their team win anyway.

Rorooze

It will be beast, basically a grind session with heaps of casuals and a fun team tournament and a few random prizes.

We will probably announce what is happening for Nationals at this as well ;)

karizzma

Please team me up with the Pukekohe King!!

Pinolicious

Yarr!  King of Random Super shall be in attendence!!!
<PSN> Kriselda

originaljulz

Do you have to play MvC3 AND SSF4? Or did I read that wrong?
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

CrazyMobius

Nah you don't have to play both.

Awesome idea Lenny. Pretty sneaky using Evil Ryu in the poster when he won't be released by then.

Very nice poster by the way. Graham was it? Best yet in my opinion.

nztauranga

Yep, I'll be in with a grin. : /
-work to live not live to work-><>

Rorooze

Kurt made the poster, don't have to play both games.

HoneyBadger

Are same characters allowed? What would happen if we got someone with the same main as us?

How are you guys going to prevent team stacking?
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

massi4h

Nice work Kurt, looks awesome.

Yeah I was thinking for SSF4 at least having it so it doesn't match up players with the same character. I'm sure we have a wide enough range for this to work.

zos'la

I agree with Smoof :) since its random team, team should allow same character as you do not know who u will get as ur partner.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.