• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

xLan 2011

Started by massi4h, April 28, 2011, 01:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

Date for the console tournament is 23/24 July (thanks to quick organising from Rory/Sami, now it doesn't clash with nationals). Also there is another announcement coming today. The main website in www.on3network.co.nz

This year it is separated from the PC tournament which is happening on 1/2/3 July. PC xLan is $95 and the thing is, if you buy a PC ticket you get free entry to the console event. I assume the console event by itself will be much cheaper, but they are sorting that out atm.

Venue is being decided on, they are currently looking at Caprica, Giga and the Bruce Mason Centre.

Currently on the list of potential games are:

- Halo:Reach
- Call of Duty:Black Ops
- Tekken 6
- Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition
- Marvel vs. Capcom 3
- Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock

And possibly MK9.

Show some interest here guys on who's keen to come (last 2 years were awesome) and what games you'd like to play. Remember SSF4:AE will be out by then.

xLan is essentially the only "major" we have other than nationals and south regionals.

Also I forgot to mention that Tekken 6 will most likely be a WCG qualifier this year and if any other fighting games get picked up by WCG (they haven't finished announcing) then they will most likely get picked up.

Skullator

Well I went to the last two so who knows.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

nats are 16/17 of july so no xlan sorry
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

massi4h

fuck fuck fuck. Any chance of changing it? I really don't wanna decide between nats and a WCG qualifier if GH:WoR gets in...

Rorooze

We set the date for nats a long time ago :/ And I think there are people who have already booked their tickets (munta?)

Rorooze

BTW I don't know if you have been to Giga recently but there is even less room now then there was before.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

well in your case youd be silly to not go to the wcg thing cos your probably gunna win .
17th is just casuals anyway , 16th is the whole tourny
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

zos'la

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

HoneyBadger

Tell them you wont play Guitar Hero unless they have MVC3 and AE
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Rorooze

mason i'm at work but do you know the organisers email? can't go hunting for it atm.

Pinolicious

Do the TZ tekken players turn up for the T6?
<PSN> Kriselda

zos'la

last year a few did for tekken.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

HoneyBadger

Only Jamie turned up last year from TZ. You can kind of count Andy Wong but he'd rather play SF than tekken.

MUMMYHALA

massi4h

Check your inbox Rory.

Yeah I came 3rd at Tekken lol, though we've always had a good SSF4 turnout. Tbh Andy was much more of a Tekken player back then.

HoneyBadger

No. He went to xlan specifically to play Street Fighter lol.

MUMMYHALA