• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

hyperfight on supercade

Started by staffid, April 21, 2011, 08:03:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

staffid

me and a small group of dedicated brunch of old skool hyper fans are playing often on supercade and we are looking for some new blood to beat down lol it would great if we could get some new players to join up.

redtie

I d/led it but then forgot my password to my router to forward the ports. You's should just play ST on ggpo

stereomonkey

live arcade, where there is no need for port forwarding ;)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Nick4now

I can't seem to install Microsoft .NET Framework on my shitty PC without it randomly shutting down on me  :'(

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

redtie

Quote from: stereomonkey on April 21, 2011, 05:23:23 PM
live arcade, where there is no need for port forwarding ;)

Give me the downlo on this! Lag? Compared to ggpo? This probably deserves a new thread

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

daemahnic

Sorry if this has already been discussed but I've recently installed Supercade & have it working semi ok. What's the recommended arcade stick for PC use? Or what's generally considered to be the best option for Supercade/GGPO gaming? Me & a friend got it working yesterday & were fighting each other using our keyboards.. Haha! Also some suggestions for decent pads as a second option. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Mata Leão

CaptainHook

Don't get a PS3 one unless you know it works for your usb chipset, i made that mistake.
Get an xbox one and download the drivers.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

daemahnic

Anyone know of a decent six button control pad I can purchase in the meantime for online Hyper? Sticks are a little expensive at the moment. Cheers.
Mata Leão

Nick4now

Here's a Hori Fight Stick 3 that's going pretty cheap:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Gaming/PlayStation-3/Accessories/Controllers/auction-370456221.htm

I have one of these and for that price it's more than a decent stick imo. Sure it's not a TE but it does the job. Also works on PC  :)

If you want a pad you can get this from Trademe:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Gaming/PlayStation-3/Accessories/Controllers/auction-371699472.htm

I have no idea how well these work though.

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

staffid

it doesnt lag as much as ggpo and hyper always crashes on ggpo so ill just stick to supercade for some reason the nz players are not playing super just hyper.
im actually having so much going old skool at the moment havent touched my ps3 in a few months.
as for joysticks hit Blade up he knows where to get cheap one ive got a madcatz sf4 stick but i use a cheap joystick i scored in korea on supercade for some reason it is way easier to dp and pd motion with it.
i think there is a place in mount roskill and stick are around $70