• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Fighting Game timeline...

Started by geneterror, April 19, 2011, 08:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geneterror

Kinda cool but it also made me wonder where in the timeline a lot of people on here started playing fighting games. For me it's right at the start there :-[ I used to play Karate Champ at the arcade in Rainbows End with it's dual stick controls and Yie Ar Kung Fu was one of the first games I had on my Amstrad CPC6128.

KOW 2011

nztauranga

Space invaders @ Big AL's in tauranga. gamings in the blood. Some out of days when i was kid running down to the arcade centre , butterflies in my stomach then arriving at arcade huge arcade centre jizzing in my pants.. all the lights and sounds going off and i was the 1st 1 there lol. Then they brought gambling games in arcades, snappy viper and unlimited nudges. Wow! Were they here in auckz?
-work to live not live to work-><>

LN

There is no knowledge that is not power

geneterror

I remember when IK+ came out on the C64, so awsome!

Timeline is missing One Must Fall 2097 (1994). Used to thrash that game on my awesome PC, DX2-50, 8mb RAM and no video card, Windows 3.11!

KOW 2011

[NIUE] weazzyefff

World Warrior and Tekken 2!!!!

It was around Tekken 2' release though, when i really start playing. I woulda been like three yrs old when SF2 come out.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

CaptainHook

Does anyone know what the fighting game was called where one of the chars was a ninja, and i'm sure one of his specials he would say something like "Ninja Shadow" and then he'd turn invisible but you could still see his shadow on the ground i think. I was about 11 or 12 and i used to play it at my neighbours house on his commodore 64(? - maybe it was amiga, can't remember) cause we didn't get a family computer until i was like 17 (lol) and i think he had SF2 on it as well.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

kingpiccolo

nztauranga

When I was 7yrs or there abouts, i would roll with my older cousins to the arcades, place was packed, i couldnt even see the screens then attauranga's very 1st arcades. They had defender then, that buck rogers space craft  throwing out lazers and bombs, the BADDEST game sounds ever!

CptMunta

Quote from: CaptainHook on April 19, 2011, 10:59:20 AM
Does anyone know what the fighting game was called where one of the chars was a ninja, and i'm sure one of his specials he would say something like "Ninja Shadow" and then he'd turn invisible but you could still see his shadow on the ground i think. I was about 11 or 12 and i used to play it at my neighbours house on his commodore 64(? - maybe it was amiga, can't remember) cause we didn't get a family computer until i was like 17 (lol) and i think he had SF2 on it as well.

Body Blows on the Amiga. Unless it had a C64 port :)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

CaptainHook

Thanks Munta!
Wow, i did not remember how much of a SF2 ripoff it was.:P Apparently there was a DOS version too. But yeah it was Amiga.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_Blows

originaljulz

Makes me feel so young. I only started in 1997ish, with Tekken 3 (first fighting game) and Soul Blade. Too young for anything else. I was born with Street Fighter 2 lol.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

Lennysaurus

My first fighting game was Yie Ar Kung Fu on CPC6128 as well lol.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

nztauranga

Astro wars back in 1982 on a game console same size as a toaster with a built-in screen, arcade stick and two buttons. 

CaptainHook

Which game do they play in the movie Bloodsport?

"Very good, but brick not hit back!!!!!"

LN

There is no knowledge that is not power