• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Weekly Wellington RanBat

Started by jsculls, April 12, 2011, 09:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barnstorm

Told Def to come down

Have you told nuwan and his friends bout this be keen to play that marvel guy again, and any word if ajith is coming?

jsculls

Do you actually have contact with Def? I thought he was a ghost now?

I told Nuwan about it and said to invite those guys. I added that marvel guy on PSN but he's never accepted my friendship :(

CoffinDrop1

Hey guys is this still happening Sunday? Also is it the first venue or the second venue that was suggested. Let us know people.

Sdj

Quote from: Barnstorm on April 20, 2011, 09:32:07 AM
Told Def to come down

Have you told nuwan and his friends bout this be keen to play that marvel guy again, and any word if ajith is coming?

Havn't asked Ajith but everytime i've asked him hes been keen for games. just really depends on if he's going to be making Butter Chicken to sell on anzac Day this year
Melty Blood - C-Akiha, C-V.Akiha, C-Nanaya, C-W.len
Dissidia - Squall, Zidaine, Golbez, Frion, Tidus
SSF4 - Makoto, Sakura

jsculls

Hey guys,

Thanks for massive amount of support. This is going ahead as plans in terms of numbers we'll have 8+ and it will be held at Old Boy this weekend starting from 2pm.

If the space is too small we will move next weekend (thanks for the suggestion Kim).

The plan will be to finish off the ranking battles relatively quickly so that people can play casuals for as long as possible.

Lennysaurus

Wow awesome dude.  Expect a full report on how it goes! hahaha!

Exciting stuff in Wellington!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Filter

thanks for sorting out all of that jsculls. was awesome.

jsculls

Firstly, thanks everyone who came really awesome to see that there are actually Wellingtonians who play fighting games. I didnt expect the level of turn out that we got. It was awesome this week but I can see it getting so much better as well.

Results:

SSIV 1st - Johnny(Barnstorm), 2nd - Shannon(Filter), 3rd equals - Jeremy & Ben (we unfortunately didn't play this off due to time restrictions)

MVC3 1st - John(jsculls), 2nd Johnny(Barnstorm), 3rd equals - Charlie & Matt (I'll credit you guys as third equals out of 4 people playing marvel :P)

Tekken - 1st Richard(Toothy), 2nd Som(Sdj), 3rd Daniel(t4jin)

Sorry Ben, Charlie and Matt for not remembering your NZISM tags.

Secondly I think we can definitely take something from this week in terms of length of time to run each game. The first step is to have the brackets drawn up prior to the actual start time. This will help things run alot faster, this will mean registering your interest prior to next Sunday when we run it again. If you aren't 100% sure you can make it still show up on the day and we'll include you it'll be easier to include an extra than figure out the brackets when we're there.

I'll do some investigating of potential venues this week Old Boy was ok but with the numbers we've got we need more space.

Rorooze

sounds like a success!

jsculls, if you need any help with brackets or anything let me know and I can help you out depending on what resources you have (laptop, PC with net access or just paper!).

also great that you have some tekken players coming to these events, something we definitely struggle to do in Auckland.

Kim

Damn was so keen but spent easter with the fam. How many people showed up?

jsculls

Thanks Rorooze, I'll flick you a PM. I can take my laptop down to make things easier. I was literally running it off of these little post it size bits of paper but it obviously makes it alot easier. Yeah definitely good to see some tekken players coming along as well. Most of em seemed pretty interested by Marvel which is encouraging for SF x Tekken as well.

Kim - You missed out! Definitely come next week it's pretty awesome. We had about 12 people spread across the different games.

massi4h

If you've got internet, a website like challonge.com is really good and easy for running brackets. Should be no problem with putting all the names in when people enter on the day.

moose!

Thanks for organising this jskulls!
I think just bringing some paper/printed out brackets will go a long way to making things run a bit smoother... and figuring out how to juggle 3 games over two setups/getting the MvC3 stuff unlocked from the start.
Bring on the next session!

Sdj

yeah real awesome event again by Jsculls xD. first decent gameplay view of Mvc3 that day. Keen to learn that game. Props to Ajith & John for the interesting matches also to the Guy who used that 'wolverine chick x-76?' :( . kewl character
Melty Blood - C-Akiha, C-V.Akiha, C-Nanaya, C-W.len
Dissidia - Squall, Zidaine, Golbez, Frion, Tidus
SSF4 - Makoto, Sakura

Filter

Is it going to be on at Old Boy again this sunday or at that other place?