• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

The King Of Fighters

Started by gl3nnium, April 12, 2011, 01:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

Mugen engine is amazing. I was just put off it a few years back when a friend gave it to me and half the characters were like a whale who kills you by entering the stage and stupid things like that. But by all means start a thread. Would be nice to see some interest in it. Btw dude do you have a stick or do you play with keyboard?

gl3nnium

ok will start a mugen thread..there are some new mugen titles that absolutely kill some of the SNK and Capcom stuff..its become very professional.....Id love an arcade stick like x-arcade or something but at the moment i just plug a corded Xbox 360 controller into my pc (which is almost better anyway)..you can download a simple patch from microsoft so you can run your 360 controller...i dont think i could use a keyboard for fighting anyway. All mame roms and mugen fighters have full controler support.. some even  have vibration feedback.

gl3nnium

Random...I was just at the DVD rental place and discovered they actually made a King Of Fighters movie...I rented it so ill post what i thought of it here later...dont have high hopes...the street fighter movies werent great..ill give it one thing..the chick who plays Mai seems hot....time will tell.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Prepare for the only movie worse than legend of chun li.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: gl3nnium on April 27, 2011, 06:00:38 PM
Random...I was just at the DVD rental place and discovered they actually made a King Of Fighters movie...I rented it so ill post what i thought of it here later...dont have high hopes...the street fighter movies werent great..ill give it one thing..the chick who plays Mai seems hot....time will tell.

Its a terrible terrible movie.  The Girl who plays Mai is Maggie Q, of whom I would smang any day of the week.  But even she couldn't save this movie for me.

Some movies are so bad that they are good, but this can't even fall into that category.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

CptMunta

Was going to post a link from the Switchers "King of Fighters Movie Stupidity" but his channel was taken down :( Was gonna post the Terry in game samples over the footage.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Nick4now

Yeah I couldn't last 5 minutes. I was hoping it to be LOL this is shit! But nope it is fucking terrible... And not even terrible to the point where it's funny.

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

gl3nnium

Yeah..all you guys are right...I just finished watching it and I feel like i just lost 2 hours of my life.

Kyo Kusanagi is a white american guy - what the fuck!
Terry bogard, shit did they even play the game, nothing like him - what the fuck!
Shit acting (except for mai) - what the fuck!
Mature and Vice were a full on lesbian couple - What the fuck! (Actually I kinda liked that part)
For some reason the dvd also had a game of chicks playing American Football in lingerie - what the fuck! (actually i didnt mind that )

All your warnings came too late for me..I was watching the movie at the time.....dont watch this movie for any reason. I'm a KOF fan and even I thought it sucked. 

CaptainHook

Quote from: Lennysaurus on April 27, 2011, 07:20:12 PM
The Girl who plays Mai is Maggie Q, of whom I would smang any day of the week.

Nikita is sweet. The chick from how i met your mother in it is doing good also.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

massi4h

Is there a rule on Live Action Fighting Game movies being bad?

Recent Tekken was shit. Chun Li was shit. DOA was shit (though it was better than the previous two). All the older movies are good for a laugh.

How would a live action MvC movie go?

maelgrim

The best I have seen is the first Mortal Kombat film - which I thought was crap at the time, but now can be held up as a masterpiece next to all the more recent efforts.
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

gl3nnium

Agreed. Mortal Kombat is still the best fighting game movie, Which aint saying much. I saw the tekken movie there too but after 'the king of fighters' movie im too afraid to watch it.

Pinolicious

Jean Claude Van Damme Street Fighter the Movie is the best fighting game movie.  Ever.  Mortal Kombat comes next
<PSN> Kriselda

gl3nnium

amendonz

I have the SF van damme flick on VHS  8)

best fighting games movie is sf animated movie imo.