• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Yakuza 4 PS3

Started by ROCOABC, March 29, 2011, 01:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ROCOABC

Picked up a copy last Friday on the way to work and have been playing all weekend.  Bloody awesome game.  Anyone gave it a go?  3 new cast on top of the Legendary Kazuma.  When I first read about this during the Japanese launch I didn't think too much of it as it just sounded like a small extension to Yakuza 3.  BUT the aditional cast and the variety of play they bring on board actually gives this game a new experience.

For those that played Yakuza 3, you are still running around the same city (Kamurocho).  A bit disappointing there but now you have access to the rooftops, the underground, the sewers and a new area called Little Asia which is populated by asian immigrants.  Graphically it is an improvement overall but the best part of the game (And the main part), the fighting is just as awesome if not better due to the variety of fighting style from each character. 

Yakuza 4 is definitely worth picking up even if you are new to the series.  If you are unsure what the game is, just think of it as a new Final Fight/ Double Dragon/ Streets Of Rage with a semi open world environment.  You do sidequests, help others, beat up bad dudes, etc to gain experience points to level up, gain new abilities, new moves, etc.  You can also choose to just muck around and play mini games littered around the city, choose to walk around and enter random street brawls, etc.  Yeah, the game has loads to do but first and foremost, this game is an updated beat 'em up. 

originaljulz

I heard most of the non Japanese audience raged at this game because we got a version that had a shit load missing from the Jap version, because they didn't have enough time to translate everything so just cut a whole lot of shit.

Or am I confusing this with another game?
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

Elixir

Quote from: originaljulz on March 29, 2011, 08:50:14 PM
I heard most of the non Japanese audience raged at this game because we got a version that had a shit load missing from the Jap version, because they didn't have enough time to translate everything so just cut a whole lot of shit.

Yes, you are confusing 4 with 3.

ROCOABC

Quote from: originaljulz on March 29, 2011, 08:50:14 PM

Nah, Yakuza 4 is all good.  Yakuza 3 apparently had quite a bit of stuff taken out but honestly even if that stuff was left in I think the "fans" will still rage about it.  No big deal though with the missing stuff from yakuza 3.

HoneyBadger

Not enough Kiryu in this game =(
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

geneterror

Saw you playing this Smoof, worth getting? You should just let me borrow yours when you're finished ;)
KOW 2011

HoneyBadger

You should probably borrow my Yakuza 3 first.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

geneterror

Bring it to Ranbats on Friday then please :-*
KOW 2011