• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Anyone noticing a lul?

Started by Lennysaurus, March 23, 2011, 05:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinolicious

Quote from: CaptainHook on March 23, 2011, 11:18:50 PM
Would that make people more or less likely to come to ranbats etc?

I can imagine if i was in that situation, i would flag ranbats and goto the free regular get togethers and level up that way. :P

But then, you could use your new found skills from free regulars and unleash at ranbats!  Which would then get you seeded at the tourneys, where you can double unleash!
<PSN> Kriselda

CaptainHook

But if getting to ranbats was an issue for me already, then providing an option that's easier to get to AND free gives me LESS reason to try get into town for ranbats.. tournaments probably different story.

Just saying.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

originaljulz

HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

HoneyBadger

Quote from: Pinolicious on March 23, 2011, 11:28:05 PM
But then, you could use your new found skills from free regulars and unleash at ranbats!  Which would then get you seeded at the tourneys, where you can double unleash!

Hook is right. I feel like niggas would be more inclined to turn up to a $15 casuals day at Giga rather than something called "ranbats" which just looks like a mini tournament.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Ranbats is there for tournament experience. I greatly prefer the idea of having a regular organised competition (A mini-tournament, as it were) but I think we need to get more casuals going at Ranbats. The current format is to blow through the tourney as quick as possible and then have casuals afterwards, but the way it's worked out, given that we are essentially running 3 brackets, means that by the time we finish the competition, it gets pretty late. This is something I think we need to address. Might have to brainstorm some different formats methinks. Unfortunately more friendly formats for this generally = higher venue costs. And at this point I would personally rather keep Ranbats entry down at $10. Its kind of a bitch tbh.

As for MVC3 popularity, yea. Its the netcode. The game is a fuckton more fun than SF4. Like, leaps and bounds more fun than SF4. But because they dropped the ball with the online, its harder for the more casual guys to get into it, since whenever they play an opponent, its a shithouse experience. What this means is that in the grand scheme of things, since people don't play online as much, they don't get in as much 'casual' practice as with SF4. I think we need to facilitate this in one way or another. Because it is a really fun game. "Its the most fun i've had in a fighting game since MVC2" is what I said after I played the preview build. And I stand by that. Unfortunately, it only applies to playing offline.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HoneyBadger

Bro honestly, single elim is the best time saver haha
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

samurai black

boo west and south  :P

also the typo is really bugging me.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

lol its ok, they feel inferior to the eastern style of drunken marvel 3
The New Generation Clockw0rk

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Bro i would be hella fucking keen for meet ups out here. You don't know how much i jizzed when i saw lenny ask that.

It would be waaaaaaaaaaaayyyy easier and accessible for us west guys. And duh, of course we're gonna be even more keen and hype to go to ranbats to test out our West Side level up steez on puny other region mortals.

SO keen. SO. fuckin. keen.

I always said this to peeps ever since i met you's and we never did this. I know it's prob cos guys don't have houses or some shit.

And just after i said this. I just realised i've got heaps of fucking Uni work to do haha. Allgood i'll do overnighters and get that shit out the way yo.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

karizzma

Ya west and south meet ups (Maybe South can get those pro Hamilton guys to come up). Then a West vs South match muhahahaha.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: [SAS]karizzma on March 24, 2011, 10:29:23 PM
Ya west and south meet ups (Maybe South can get those pro Hamilton guys to come up). Then a West vs South match muhahahaha.

Nah bro south too free!  OH SHIT!!!

But seriously, we all need to play waaaaaaaay more.  I will sort something out for out west.  It wont be free, and it'll likely be on a weekend.  People will need to bring setups or something maybe.  Will update in a couple weeks.

I want to go to Melbourne, and want to be able to put up a decent fight.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

CrazyMobius

In my opinion it was MVC3. It killed the SF online player base and it also killed the MVC3 online player base. But loving this lull at the moment can now concentrate on some "other" game(s).

moose!

^ I kind of agree, and if the AK TZ/Yifans threads are anything to go it's also done a bit to the offline SF player base too (considering their activity post AE to pre MvC3).

zos'la

Quote from: moose! on March 25, 2011, 09:28:06 AM
^ I kind of agree, and if the AK TZ/Yifans threads are anything to go it's also done a bit to the offline SF player base too (considering their activity post AE to pre MvC3).

Yifan has no AE.. we don't go there. As for TZ base players, there are a TON more players than previously, everytime I am there, there are atleast 10+ peeps standing around waiting to play, and others watching. The competitiveness in TZ is getting higher by teh day for AE. Its just those people dont really come to this forum, eg, Kevin, Tony (yun player), Cody and a whoel bunch more peeps.
I only post here so if anyone is interested to come along they can for some gg.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

moose!

I stand corrected then!
As you were  ;D