• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: XFC owns you! Post release thread

Started by fluxcore, February 15, 2011, 08:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Now that the game is out in the wild, time to start a new thread with some actual info in it rather than just speculation!

And what better way of starting than with a link to the pretty awesome SRK hyper guide? Check it out at http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Marvel_vs_Capcom_3 to answer most of your basic questions!

It even answers some questions asked previously, like that during a Team Hyper Combo the point char CAN become unfrozen and move around for mixups.

And here's a pretty balanced review by Haunts of iPlayWinner (for 1up.com): http://www.1up.com/reviews/marvel-capcom-3-review?pager.offset=0
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

maelgrim

It does look nice, i'll be picking it up.
But I can't believe they left out spectator mode for online play and the challenge mode sounds a bit meh.

Still a fighting game with Arthur is all good ;D
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

Chuckk

When you get your xbox copy... lol, make sure to clear cache after installing or you might have some trouble loading demon village stage. Don't know if this is necessary for everyone but it should help those who have problems, and I'm not sure if the same problem occurs on PS3 and if so, if there is a fix.

Edit: like this ish [22:45] <joey_h> system settings > memory > then Y i think
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

LN

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=147267775335158

DLC pricing

chars are 400MSP, not too bad I guess.
There is no knowledge that is not power

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Chuckk

So far I've yet to utilise the aerial exchange combo's, and I might avoid them. I've heard you can mash 360 + E/S and basically burst any direction reliably. So far I'm pretty fucking lost to be honest, but I've just been going through mission mode, see who seems fun etc. Picking up some combos for wolverine now, mostly just transcribed the trag combos, and taken one drill out in one of them to make it more reliable and easier, but getting over 600k damage with 1 meter anywhere on screen.

Haven't really progressed as far with other chars, the boring Dante combo is pretty legit so I've stuck to that, and had it kill 2 chars in one combo with x factor, so sick but stupid haha. (still lost the match to lvl 3 x factor wesker tho). Basically been dial a comboing with Doom, need to learn a loop because I'm not really satisfied with what you get from magic series air magic series super with him. Trish is the same thing, still dial a comboing into super with her. Mission 10 for her looks legit, not sure how much damage it does but there must be some sick shit for her out there.

Kind of feeling demoralised by Dante, even though when I was playing vs with him before I didn't know how to teleport or command jump, but playing with an 8 way airdash is just so nasty I don't want to be without it.

It probably pays to post this Tron infinite too;

[nico]sm13616828[/nico]

I've also had a lot of trouble against Arthur and Dormammu. I just can't seem to do anything. Also, pro-tips for blocking random Wesker spaz super? It seems like it randomly crosses up eventually, it does give you some time to react but I'm struggling atm.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

Flash

wow that infinite doesn't look hard to do at all but i wonder how hard it is for tron to get opponent into corner to set that up. Stupid infinite should be harder to execute.

****Up or i'll scratch yo face with my stubby little arms!

geneterror

Quote from: Chuckk on February 17, 2011, 12:49:59 AM
Also, pro-tips for blocking random Wesker spaz super? It seems like it randomly crosses up eventually, it does give you some time to react but I'm struggling atm.
Block high the whole time. It doesn't crossup after the first hit if you block high but it will if you try and block low.
KOW 2011

LN

Quote from: Chuckk on February 17, 2011, 12:49:59 AM
So far I've yet to utilise the aerial exchange combo's, and I might avoid them. I've heard you can mash 360 + E/S and basically burst any direction reliably.

Keits tested this pretty thoroughly (as in, 100 times), and that is bullshit. He said it worked 33% of the time, about what you'd expect from random chance.
Note that it's also a weighted Rock/paper/scissors game, so if you think they are going for meter, choose DOWN. It's explained in the srk wiki hyper guide.

Also chuckk, you can embed nico vids using the 'nico' tag - just put the sXXXXX in between the tags. There's a little box on the input form for it (the white tv next to youtube)
There is no knowledge that is not power

CrazyMobius

Quote from: samurai black on February 16, 2011, 02:17:30 PM
YEAH DLC COSTUMES

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/feb/15/dlc-costume-images-marvel-vs-capcom-3-trailers/

SO AWESOME

Awesome! I was really hoping they would do that. Makes so much sense with the Marvel characters especially cos everyone has their favourite version. Finally some classic Wolverine.

EDIT: SF1 RYU!!!!!!

CrazyMobius

Still working out the best button map. This actually feels like one fighting game that might actually benefit from playing on a pad.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yer bro, my mates are owning me on pad.

The thing about new fighting games i always have trouble with is learning how move, the mobility is hard for me.

I just dash forward into random shit all day. Throw an assist then dash forward gets both of them owned haha. My mates are random super mashers and they wasting me lol.

ALSO! How do you use Sentinal? After trying to zone with him my mates just jump across the screen and start fucking me up. How to get them off of how to AA them?
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

JackSmash

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Haha wat? Just jump back H? Or jump back M or something for AA? OR are you just trolling Jack you kieeennnt.

How do you wavedash? I'm doing it like Tekken, or is there a better way?
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!