• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Mortal Kombat 9 (21st April, 360&PS3)

Started by LN, January 22, 2011, 08:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LN

There is no knowledge that is not power

geneterror

I'll defeinitely be playing someone elses copy first to see what it's like. I still think it looks terrible, I can't figure out if they've made it look so jerky and stiff as a throwback to the originals or not.
KOW 2011

nztauranga

-work to live not live to work-><>

CrazyMobius

Quote from: geneterror on January 22, 2011, 08:45:02 AM
I'll defeinitely be playing someone elses copy first to see what it's like. I still think it looks terrible, I can't figure out if they've made it look so jerky and stiff as a throwback to the originals or not.

Yeah still cool though that they are releasing fighters for all different players tastes. About time those MK fans got something to their liking.

CaptainHook

Quote from: geneterror on January 22, 2011, 08:45:02 AM
I still think it looks terrible

From what i've seen it looks awesome! Haha.. i only played MK a few times back in the day but
i guess i'm just a sucker for the old games. :P

I hope i like this so i have more than SF to play..
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

ROCOABC

Heads up, confirmed release date for NZ is Thursday 21st April.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/search/?i=1&prev=&s=Mortal+Kombat+Tournament&SearchButton=Search

$215 for the game and arcade stick
pretty good considering cod black ops was $140 ....

$150 for the collectors edition
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

montstros1ty

Yeah shot, they dropped the price for $15 on the TE edition, will def. pre-order that now!
See you at the party Richter!

massi4h

That's a real good price for a TE. But honestly no-one is dumb enough to buy a TE that will only work on one game ever. When you can plug it into PC and you can have lots of fighting games but have no use for it. It's so dumb. I bet the controls aren't even setup for UMK3 which is dumb enough on XBLA to first put the controls on the wrong way and second not let you change them.

LN

There is no knowledge that is not power

montstros1ty

They're supposedly releasing the HD versions of the original 3 games later in the year so i'd def. get my $100 worth of stick from it just playing MK9 plus the original 3 :)
See you at the party Richter!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Rorooze

Pretty sure livewire are getting this in as well, no doubt they'll do a good price (and if you have your discount card from preordering MVC3!!)

Lennysaurus

Livewire just let me know that they have the following prices for MK9:
Regular = $109.00
Limited with the stick = $209.00

They have also said that they will price match anyone that drops thier price for the game!  Don't forget to mention that you are an NZism member to receive the VIP pricing as well.  Anyone who ordered MVC3 with the "Lenny sent me" code will already be registered as a VIP.

Yay!

In other news they have a couple more sticks left as well if people are still keen!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero