• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

NZism presents First Blood 2011!

Started by Rorooze, January 19, 2011, 11:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

electric

What time do we have to be there ?
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Rorooze

Rego is between 11 and 11:30, if you have pre paid then make sure you are there by 11:30!

karizzma

Man that is so early... might just carry on drinking from the night before.

electric

Quote from: [SAS]karizzma on March 06, 2011, 11:12:42 PM
Man that is so early... might just carry on drinking from the night before.

This man gets 10 points - SAS born and bred
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

BLADE

sounds cool il try pop in for a look

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Depends on the glitch. If it's gamebreaking (ie. Mvc2 gambit glitch) then you're gonna straight forfeit your game. If it's something like the doom missile glitch, it will probably be allowed. What glitches were you thinking of weazzy?
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

Well if someone does a glitch by pure accident/coincidence like one of those ones where the character disappears I don't think they should be DQed. If someone did one of those on purpose though then yeah. I honestly have seen like 1 or 2 videos so I don't know anything about these and I don't plan to attempt any.

Also with the pad rule, I guess just monitor anyone in mvc3 using one to see if they use both analog+dpad. Ruling should be you're only allowed to use one at a time and it should be quite obvious to see if they try and use both at once.

fluxcore

Won't help. You can just make one button on your arcade stick hit both left and right at the same time and achieve the same effect. It's not pad or hitbox specific.

Basically, waste of time trying to ban it.

Game breaker/time stopper/etc glitches should be banned imo though. As for 'by accident', doesn't matter. Still should be DQed.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Lennysaurus

"You may not use any glitch that prevent the game from being played. This includes game freezing, game resetting, player freezing, etc."

Just gonna go with these rules for now.  They are the same rules we use for MVC2 regarding glitches.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Lennysaurus

Actually while I am on the topic I have ripped the rules from MVC2 and changed them to fit with MVC3 a little.  So here they are.  Will ammend the first post with them:

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Rules
- Game version: XBOX360
- Game Settings: Damage - Medium, Time - 99 seconds, 2/3 Games
- You may not use any glitch that prevent the game from being played. This includes game freezing, game resetting, player freezing, etc.
- Winner must keep same starting character, but can switch the order of assists.
- Double blind encompasses both characters AND assist types.

Also do people want me to book Fortuna for afterwards?  Or shall we just rock somewhere else?  I don't mind either way.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Let's rock somewhere that we can get pissed.

Oh and I was talking about the spencer glitches and time out glitches. Going off screen and shit to delay the game not freeze it. So then these would be allowed?

Quote from: fluxcore on March 09, 2011, 08:10:01 PM
Won't help. You can just make one button on your arcade stick hit both left and right at the same time and achieve the same effect. It's not pad or hitbox specific.

Basically, waste of time trying to ban it.

Game breaker/time stopper/etc glitches should be banned imo though. As for 'by accident', doesn't matter. Still should be DQed.

Wow, didn't know you could use one button to block both ways. This tournament is gonna beast.

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

samurai black

Quote from: Lennysaurus on March 09, 2011, 08:20:12 PM
Also do people want me to book Fortuna for afterwards?  Or shall we just rock somewhere else?  I don't mind either way.

somewhere else, im fuggin poor

[8-----D] Toots

CaptainHook

Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K