• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

CHRISTMAS DAMAGER - The dust has settled...

Started by Lennysaurus, December 11, 2010, 06:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

Thanks everyone that turned up, it was awesome.  Big shout outs to the Blazblue community turning up and making the event awesome!  You guys put on good numbers, and the few games I saw looked awesome!  Will be doing more tournaments for that for sure.  One question I'd like to ask, is that if the tournament were on XBOX would we have got the same numbers?

Big thanks to the guys that let us use thier equipment!  Especially Mason and Euan, who also did alot of help setting up the Hyper Fighting xboxes.  Thanks Graeme (Geneterror) for his help as the unofficial tournament helper for the Blazblue tournament.

Top 3 for Each Game:

Super Street Fighter IV Doubles
1st place - Team Deazel (Weazzey and Fong)
2nd place - Yeam Volatile (Smoof and Masi4h)
3rd place - Team Bedroom Intruders (Blackstar Ninja and Lenny "The Ngati Kahungunu Champ")

Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting
1st place - Lenny "The Niuean Destroyer"
2nd Place - Redtie
3rd place - Ironlol

Blazblue: Continuum Shift
Ill update this when I get the results from whomever.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[SAS]akuma1nz

Yes great gmes boys & congrats 2 all the winners!!! ive put all th gmes of the 2vs2 grand final on Facebook/youtube if any1 missd it...
Yo boys keen for a jam at my pad in da wknds jst flick me a txt... Live in REWA HARD!!! 0212550433 or 0226772386

DEATH IS TOO GOOD FOR YOU... FOOL!!!

Taku

you got a link to those vids?i only caught the ST finals then i had to leave  :'(

anyways,ggs to all the guys i played @bbcs,man i wasnt expecting the competition to be THAT strong lol guess thats why i got sent straight to losers.
I Fear Not The Man Who Has Practiced 10,000 Kicks Once, But I Fear The Man Who Has Practiced One Kick 10,000 Times.

--Bruce Lee

DVS

Thanks to Rory, Lenny & Graeme for organising Xmas Damager. I was well impressed with the tournament boards and how you guys ran everything.

GG's to everyone I played in the 2V2's - especially Lenny and Scribble.

Was also nice to meet a few new people - Akuma1nz, I hope you get that Xbox soon bro...and also The Ken player Buda and I had a chat to David* (sorry I don't remember your name).

Congratulations to all the finalists - Euan I was well empressed with your Ken, Weazzy nice work under pressure - Fong you cracked me up being on the phone between rounds and still dealing the punishment.
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: DVS on December 11, 2010, 10:28:02 PM
Thanks to Rory, Lenny & Graeme for organising Xmas Damager. I was well impressed with the tournament boards and how you guys ran everything.

I would like to point out that I did fuck all and left early, and feel i need due recognition.

Also big ups to you Blazblue players. You guys really represented today. Im really disappointed that I couldn't be there for the finals and that I couldn't enter anything. Would've been good to get a solid chat in with all you guys. Will have to wait until the next one.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

Yeah thanks alot Lenny, Rory, Bill, Graeme. Awesome games today though I and most others were definitely off point. I dunno I haven't played XBL in like 3 days and was only LANing/practicing combos and never had a problem but today could barely shoryuken off tatsu, let alone sweep. I was getting a bit nervous though so that could be it. But yeah me and smoof got second, pretty happy. Fong busted out the good Fong in the final and Weazzy playing real solid.

Good to meet Nick4Now and Flash again and also nice to meet Redtie. Also hi to everyone else there and great turnout for BB.

Also we were team Troll Badguy, I think volatile was Fong/Weazzy's team name.

Overall I got juggled in BB, thrown in HF and spammed fireballs to second place in SSF4. But yeah GGs all.

And yeah that mm..........

[SAS]akuma1nz

2 lazy 2 put links on bro... Haha... Jst search ssblade1 on YouTube 4 my vids bro...
Yo boys keen for a jam at my pad in da wknds jst flick me a txt... Live in REWA HARD!!! 0212550433 or 0226772386

Gankatron

Thanks Rory, Lenny, Graham for organizing the games and tourney. Alan, thanks for making the long hike up to aucks as well mate, good to see you again.

GG's to all and definitely heaps of new faces as well which is awesome.

Sorry about the interruptions guys during the finals as my house alarm went off several times due to a fault so had Chubb security call me like 4 times during our matches.

Mason, ggs bro and yeah i know u werent playing at ur best either as it could of been anyones game.

Weazy,... thanks for carrying today bro :)

Thanks all.

Taku

I Fear Not The Man Who Has Practiced 10,000 Kicks Once, But I Fear The Man Who Has Practiced One Kick 10,000 Times.

--Bruce Lee

karizzma

GG, this was an awesome Tournament. U-man was just so solid throughout the day and Im still salty about losing to him (Need a salty run back for sure). Also real good games at the end with those crazy team games Jay, Waza, Fong, Irumble, matt. Congrats to fong and weazzy winning SSF4 and all the other players as well. Good to see people out supporting their scene wither being Blazblue, SFII HF or SSF4.

When is the next event? Im so KEEN!!

P.S. Really want Blazblue for xbox. Where do I get it?

massi4h

Mightyape keep delaying it. And come to WellyLAN in January. Should be awesome if we can get lots of the community to go down/up/stay still.

originaljulz

Well that was fun. Shoutouts to guys turning up to BB tournament. Can't wait for the next one, where the standard is definitely going to be higher due to it being released on xbox. Everyone's gonna be BEAST after some good practice. Me included, eh :D

Shot organisers. Lol Rory if you want me to actually help out with the BB side of stuff again I can do it.

Special shout outs to the BB casual games after, ie Mr Fantastic, Alan, Graeme; shot guys. TAKU I never got to play your Tager! You still needa beat me for last ranbats lol.

GG's.

Oh and keep BB PS3 lol. It will def be more popular if you keep it on that, since I know a lot of people play it on PS3 pad. No difference to the xbox version, so it doesn't really matter if you're using a stick anyway, right?
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

Rorooze

BB:CS results, shit I don't have the brackets.. Um, I remember 1st/2nd, but can't remember who lost to shin in losers bracket finals..

1st - ECQB (or was it EQCB, or something? lol :D)
2nd - Shin

Throat is sore and I'm tired, will write some proper comments tomorrow :p

IR U IM B IL E

Props to Rory, Lenny and Graeme for putting together an awesome event. I was really surprised by the number of people who showed up, Especially for BB:CS. Good games to everyone I played in SSF4, SF2:HF and BB haha.

Quote from: [SAS]karizzma on December 11, 2010, 11:31:53 PMAlso real good games at the end with those crazy team games Jay, Waza, Fong, Irumble, matt.

Hard. Those were some fun matches. I wish I was playing like I was in those casuals during the 2v2. Always next time  :-[. Also, Jarrett (Waza) keen on organising some more jams for us south siders and anyone else keen to level up together.

So, this has been my first year with NZism and I have to say its been frikken AWESOME!! Look forward to next year!
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

[SAS]akuma1nz

Yeah Fong & da U-Man I'm lokn 4wrd 2 those bbqs u guys r gona hve at ur pads... Keep us informed boys...