• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Big Ass Lobby - Every Sunday 7-30PM till finish

Started by Lennysaurus, November 12, 2010, 12:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

all good , mic = problem solved

ggs everyone tonight , lotsa fun .
some interesting matchups i have no idea about which was cool also .

nice stuff :)
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

jpb123

Quote from: fluxcore on November 14, 2010, 11:16:29 PM
Having a mic is the first rule even, Gino however let you play anyway. This means you are unable to give people any help or pointers, or even basically contribute in any way other than the game, which anyone can do at any time. The whole point of this exercise was to allow people to comment and help each other during matches. You circumvented this.

Then you taunt several times in a match which Gino has never played before. I don't care if that's part of your game plan, this was supposed to be a friendly constructive endeavour, not a display of dick stroking. Basically you came across as an asshole. If that's how you want to be seen, then good work. If you don't want to help people out, I'm pretty sure you'll be kicked out of future events of this type also.

Hope you change your attitude for next time. You'll obviously have a mic, since that's a prerequisite.

Please reread my posts. I example my taunts because of my fake bad rock inputs which is Down HP+HK which I pooed up and press hp+hk.

fluxcore

1) Work on your fake rock input then. You seemed to be missing it an awful lot and in situations where taunt happy people would taunt.

2) Try to stick to the same story across multiple posts. It doesn't really seem quite so honest when you first say "I taunted because you were free" and THEN say "actually they were bad inputs"

3) That's a dumb input for a move in the first place
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: fluxcore on November 14, 2010, 11:30:47 PM"

LOL i'd say,

Also the 5 win thing is stink imo. Not even enough to go round the world.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

jpb123

Quote from: fluxcore on November 14, 2010, 11:30:47 PM
1) Work on your fake rock input then. You seemed to be missing it an awful lot and in situations where taunt happy people would taunt.

2) Try to stick to the same story across multiple posts. It doesn't really seem quite so honest when you first say "I taunted because you were free" and THEN say "actually they were bad inputs"

Agreed that input is dumb but I dont make the game.

Also with his wake up Up HP which throws sand in your face which is really hard to do for some reason and also my only wake up option.
Cody wake up game sucks!!

Anyway GG all. I got a few points for people but I doubte people will listen after all this rubbish.

B BOY DRAW2

Shee-it...shit sounds like it was rugged tonight!?

I think the mic rule is the number one rule...and no mic...means you don't take part...
Sorry...I've seen everyone already point it out...I'm just saying...I agree.

I wanted to get in tonight...but my girl has her school stuff everywhere. and by the time I found it...I realized my mic was flat :(

...Any who...I'm keen for next Sunday!!! Mic will be on the charge for sure on Sunday morning...

And if anyone taunts me...I'll waste'em!!!
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

[8-----D] Toots

Wouldn't it make sense to deselect your taunt at the character select screen when you play Cody?

???

jpb123

Quote from: B BOY DRAW2 on November 15, 2010, 12:01:57 AM
Shee-it...shit sounds like it was rugged tonight!?

I think the mic rule is the number one rule...and no mic...means you don't take part...
Sorry...I've seen everyone already point it out...I'm just saying...I agree.

I wanted to get in tonight...but my girl has her school stuff everywhere. and by the time I found it...I realized my mic was flat :(

...Any who...I'm keen for next Sunday!!! Mic will be on the charge for sure on Sunday morning...

And if anyone taunts me...I'll waste'em!!!

The sets were good. It just spilled here and not in game.

*taunts*

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: [8-----D] Toots on November 15, 2010, 12:03:27 AM
Wouldn't it make sense to deselect your taunt at the character select screen when you play Cody?

???

Is that the sound of facepalms i hear?

Actually no. Cos if you wake up ultra you have to taunt.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

jpb123

electric

Quote from: jpb123 on November 15, 2010, 12:29:50 AM
Anyone in nz/aus main abel btw?

MEEEEEEEEEEE but I'm on PSN - but I'm working on that ;)
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

stereomonkey

I watched a couple matches when I came home and did anyone mention the amount of jump ins people were doing? Especially in pressure moments when life was low and it looked like the only thing you could think of doing to gain damage was a risky jump in?

Euan and Gino:  One thing I did notice from when you were playing was the missed dragon opportunities.  I'm not sure if the characters jumping in on you guys were doing safe jumps or whatever but seemed like a dragon or two would have scared them from jumping.  Maybe a reaction thing that needs working on?

Again, this is only from the matches I saw from 9pm so maybe you guys already had that covered and i'm not saying I know SSFIV, just what I think is lacking (or bad habits) that I can see.

Keen to join this for the next weekend so I can get some hints and tips too :)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

IR U IM B IL E

I'll try make this next time, was too busy last night. Hope there was alot of discussion and what not going on. So was it a full lobby?
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

LN

There is no knowledge that is not power

jpb123

Quote from: electric on November 15, 2010, 06:12:31 AM
MEEEEEEEEEEE but I'm on PSN - but I'm working on that ;)

anyway you can watch my replys?