• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

SSFIV Top 9 Tips (from GameConsole)

Started by fluxcore, October 31, 2010, 12:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMobius

Quote from: geneterror on November 02, 2010, 03:39:37 PM
We can do a KOF session at mine on Sunday or something if you want. I'm rusty as but I know all the fundamentals.

Yeah sounds good. Will text you in weekend if free etc.

Thanks for links.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: fluxcore on November 02, 2010, 03:21:08 PM
http://nzism.alphaism.com/forum/index.php/topic,409.msg8334.html#msg8334

search is your friend

Yea but its that friend that you only ever really talk to when you absolutely have to, and you would much rather fob him off to someone with more patience than yourself.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Believe me, my patience wears very thin these days.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

Quote from: Skullator on October 31, 2010, 09:53:58 PM
The average beginner doesnt know the difference between a safe jump, a safely timed empty jump, an unsafe empty jump, and a jumping hark kick.

Think they are dumbing it down a bit to target the never stop jumping online beginners lol.
I guess im pretty average tbh... I don't even know these ><
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: fluxcore on November 03, 2010, 07:40:54 AM
Believe me, my patience wears very thin these days.

Its a good thing i keep testing it then. You know, to make sure its still there.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Skullator

Quote from: zosla on November 03, 2010, 08:14:41 AM
I guess im pretty average tbh... I don't even know these ><

You do Andy, you just don't call them that or read posts about them that much probably haha, you learn by doing not reading, it's a way better way of discovering things.

- Empty jump meaning a jump where you push no buttons, good because block straight away on landing.
- Safe empty jump meaning jump where you push no buttons (Maybe to bait a reversal or something) and then land at such a time you COULD NEVER OF EVEN BEEN PUNISHED.
- Unsafe empty jumping meaning I jump in on you, push no buttons, and you HP DP me in the face :P
- Safe jump meaning after you knock down a character and do your Ryu jumping option selects (You know you cant be punished if you time it right and have options, so it's a safe jump)
- Jumping hard kick (Non empty jump) meaning your ryu jumps in at me and pushes a kick button, meaning you may land with recovery frames depending on the attack, or cross me up, change your characters hitbox shape, whatever.

goku_kakarot77