• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Super Street Fighter 4 Meetups hamilton area

Started by Chalice, October 02, 2010, 02:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Shit I wish I could tell you tbh... all I can say is if you're in hillcrest/ham east area, pick something other than slingshot or xnet and tell me if they are good lol

But yeah, slingshot imo was terrible, and xnet is barely passable. I've heard good things about telstra, but I'm not sure how location dependent it is.

We'll have to sort out some gatherings or something. Would be really great to finally get some regular stuff happening in hamilton! There are a fair few ppl that play at TZ, and a couple even have some talent :)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Flash

Quote from: fluxcore on November 09, 2010, 08:17:57 PM
We'll have to sort out some gatherings or something. Would be really great to finally get some regular stuff happening in hamilton! There are a fair few ppl that play at TZ, and a couple even have some talent :)

yeah keen as was gonna go to uni but just gonna get a job now so will have spare time. Yeah its a pity TZ setup have a broken LK on one side and a worn out stick on the other.

****Up or i'll scratch yo face with my stubby little arms!

Lennysaurus

Will be rad to have you closer bro!  Hope you can make it out to stuff!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Flash

Quote from: WoundLenny on November 09, 2010, 08:28:57 PM
Will be rad to have you closer bro!  Hope you can make it out to stuff!

yea keen as already planning on going to some ranbats, also hoping flux can teach me some HF entered the tourny and never played it before.

****Up or i'll scratch yo face with my stubby little arms!

Gino

fluxcore

gino your mission is to find a venue for potential get togethers, maybe a netcafe ala giga?
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

supercombo

Hi, just moved to Hamilton. I'll show up to any get together if it's street fighter related.

Gino

Far out! Ok I guess once my exams are over we have a gathering at my place. Quite a few people in hamilton now.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

whens that ? id be keen for a road trip to check out the arcade and battle out some games with you alan and the stu man
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

fluxcore

Seems like you're going to need more than one tv though gino :P

I really do think we should find a venue somewhere we can start holding regular events, but I don't have time to find one.

CaptainHook

I'll prob be back in Hams for a bit over the xmas period visiting my mummy etc.

I'll keep an eye out for anything going on..
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

Gino

Quote from: fluxcore on November 11, 2010, 08:00:54 AM
Seems like you're going to need more than one tv though gino :P

I really do think we should find a venue somewhere we can start holding regular events, but I don't have time to find one.

I'll start looking next week after I finish wintec. Theres really only 3 net cafes in Hamilton and none of them have 360s.

stereomonkey

How many do we really need though?  We have two xboxes, a tv and two 22inch monitors and i have a shit ton of arcade sticks so that should be all right yes?
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: CaptainHook on November 11, 2010, 08:55:29 AM
I'll prob be back in Hams for a bit over the xmas period visiting my mummy etc.

I'll keep an eye out for anything going on..

Say hi to her from BIRRY WONG.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.