• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Marvel vs Capcom 3 (360,PS3) - 18/02/2011

Started by geneterror, August 03, 2010, 09:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geneterror

KOW 2011

electric

LOL!!! Worst excuse for a placeholder cover art I've ever seen
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

samurai black

CrazyMobius

Chuckk

I know we'll all get a date around the same time from the internet, but when our store system has a release date I'll post it up just for confirmation or to clear up local release date issues.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

Snakey

Herro!!

*throws smoke bomb*
*POOF!*
Every man has a plan.........Until he gets hit.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

Sweet!  Can't wait to see how this will play in the end.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

slimy94

madaxe munkee

Lol oh I'm keen. Dunno who I'm gonna play as or anything yet though. Should be interesting, to play more than one fighting game lol.
We don the blue beret. Pick up Arcus Diabolus Bolverk and put our guns on. For if there is an Assault to go Through, a Spring to be Raided, or a Bloom to be Triggered, we will be there.

We main Noel Vermillion.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

OMG OMG i so can't wait for this game. Mainly so MvC2 can finally just die R.I.P. I was too far behind on that game it wasn't funny. Now i can start at nearly the same level all the Marvel guys are at.

Comes out right before i start my bachelors next year so i hope i don't do a Mason as summer schools is straight depressing.

I hope that fire head guy and Skrull are awesome. Cos they look awesome. Dante is a must on any ps3 owners team, real talk. Deadpool looks awesome as. Actually quite a few of the chars look cool. I will just see who Tokido pick then copy him haha. He got good taste as well.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

LN

There is no knowledge that is not power

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

@Weazal:

Dormammu is apparently pretty fucking awesome at keep away. And Skrull is looking pretty beast. He'll be the character i put the most effort into at the beginning. He's the only staple on my team atm. I've been saying this all along though, and its my major concern. If the assist system is shit (ie. TVC assists) then this game is probably going to be a disappointment. I havent seen a gameplay video yet that show assists being used in a similar fashion to MVC2. It's looking BETTER than TVC atm, but i dunno. The first thing i do when the game drops is going to be looking for useful assists, and trying to apply them in MVC2-esque situations to see if I can derive similar gameplay from them. (ie. Anti airs, Anti rushdown, lockdown, pressure tools, etc. AA, and Anti rushdown are going to be pretty big ones for me, and atm assists arent looking fast enough for that.

I do realise MVC3 is going to be a different game, but I would prefer to play something that feels more similar to MVC2 than to TVC. Im not sure if you played TVC, but its fun for about 15 minutes, and then it becomes really really fucking boring.

MVC2 is beastalification** from the moment you pick that shit up, and it's been that way for 10 years. Theres a reason it hasn't 'died' yet. Because its too fucking awesome. Im hoping for a game with similar staying power. Not the same game, but i want to get the same feeling from MVC3 that i get from MVC2.

**Beastalification (n) -A word invented by BIRRY WONG using the radiation emitted from the ESSENCE OF MAHVEL, to mutate the Oxford english dictionary. (2043 edition) - Note that this edition is so awesome that it had to be brought back in time. (Time travel is possible by triangle jumping through a black hole. Only BIRRY WONG and RICHARDS MUM are known to be able to do this)

By MAHVELITISING the time travelling dictionary, words such as "Beastalification", "Mahvelitising" and "Bourbiezalino" become possible.

The meaning of beastalification cannot be typed by conventional keyboards, because they would explode, due to an awesomeness overload. But if you dont get the meaning, youre pretty fucking stupid and deserve to be Kicked in the nuts and DHC'd into roundhouse kick to the teeth. Then having said teeth surgically attatched to the inside of your asshole, so that every time you walk, it feels like youre being raped by a pack of rabid piranhas. And also your cock will shrink.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Additionally Weazzy, The Marvel Gods have commanded you play Dante. This is a list of his assists.

QuoteA- Jam Session : DIRECT 
B- Crystal : SHOT 
G- Weasel Shot : SHOT  

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Mint. Just mint. The small text in your post is even more mint.

I just hope that the chars are more viable than last time ay. Am gonna have Dante/Skrull/someone broken. The firehead guy looks like sheeitt. He's slow as. Hope i'm wrong though cos he's easily the coolest looking char in the game. Hope he's the someone broken i'm looking for.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!