• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

King of Capcom suggestion thread

Started by CptMunta, May 09, 2010, 08:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CptMunta

AIM: to get a Christchurch player to represent our growing fighting game community at nationals. I sadly can't make nationals but if you can go, definetly go!
I went to the sf4 nationals last year and it Blew my mind! You should start looking at flights now. Lenny and I were chatting about seeding for winners and all kinds of stuff. Be there! : D

Games:
Super street fighter 4 ps3
Super street fighter 2 HD remix ps3
Street fighter 3 3rd Strike

1st prize
Flights and free entry to the nzism national fighting game tournament.

2nd prize
? Money?

3rd ? Less money?

Price: 15 bucks
Approx 5 bucks per game. If we get 10 people that pretty much covers an airfare. If we charge 20 that gives us some cash left over for 2nd and 3rd

When: over two days around middle of June possibly or ongoing every Friday night somewhere. Soon though that way flights can be cheaper.

Format: dunno
We could run weekly ranbats for points most points go to Auckland.
Tournament over 2 days point based on how you place in each tournament.
Where:
I've got 3 locations in mind and we'll pick the best opition:
Most ideal: gamestation.
Pros: central location, solid setups, great staff, might attract more customers to gamestation, public location making it easier to help build scene.
Cons: need to ask permission, maybe we'd have to pay a fee as it's not a release party, is running emus for 3rd strike dodgy?

Scott's garage:
Pros: central location, good setups, ps2s to run 3S, drinks ;)
Cons: need permission, might need to be invite only maybe restricted to nzism members so not as many punters to build community.

My house
Pros: good setup
Cons: same as Scott's, except way out in halswell.

I'll enter just for fun but won't take any prizes if it's only cash and a flight to Auckland. Might be able suss out some free accodation if we ask the nice people on the forums for a place to crash. And sneak in casuals the night before the tourney!

So what do you guys reckon how should we run it? What would suit you guys best? Also Lenny feel free to add comments and continue our discussion regarding seeding etc.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Nick4now

I'm not too familiar with the ranbats system but since its based on points does everyone get to play against everyone at least once?

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

CptMunta

Quote from: Nick4now on May 12, 2010, 05:50:37 PM
I'm not too familiar with the ranbats system but since its based on points does everyone get to play against everyone at least once?

It's like you run regular tournaments from my understanding and are awarded points for where you place. Those points add up and represent your score. Actually been talking to Lenny and I think the best way to do it would be to run tourneys for all the games in one event. Rather than running ranbats.

So Day 1 3rd Strike,
Day 2 HD Remix in the morning or Afternoon, Super in the Afternoon or evening.

Also the results from the Super Tourney will help seed the Nationals. So the winner who wins the trip will be seeded as well as anyone else who ventures up if they placed high enough. (from my understanding).

I kinda want to encompass the other 2 games since they'll be at the nationals, because we've never done them before and cos' I want to play all these games before I go away.

But it might just be easier to run a Super tourney that costs $15 to enter and that's all you have to win to win the trip to Auckland. I also thought it might be better value for money having 3 games at the tourney but then again, you don't win a prize for being good at just one of them, you have to be good at all 3. And alot of our community don't play HD Remix or 3S anyway.

Okay so another format could be:

Day 1:
3S and HD for whoever has an extra $5 bucks and wants to enter:
Winner gets pot from each tourney.

Day 2:
Super SF4

$15 for Super SF4
Winner goes to nationals

King of Capcom
Awarded to whoever gets the most points for their performance for all the tourneys.
They win sometime cool and random: Crown, championship belt, art book, comics etc....

Hmmmmm........... decisions. 

Rorooze

I agree with the using SSF4 as the only game to send someone to AKL, it's going to be the main game and newer people will probably be discouraged if they had to place well in 3S and HDR on top of the game that they've just got into!

I may be able to put the winner up for a night or two, will depend on the missus though!

redtie

Hmmm I have to agree. I also think the other two have a steeper learning curve.

Oh sweet free board for the winner!  ;D

CptMunta

Cheers for the offer Rorooze :)
Probably have to take you up on that offer. Nationals is gonna be awesome!

Gamestation confirmed!!!!

So now it's just a question of how to split it up. Maybe 2 days at gamestation but make Super SF4 the main event. Saturday HDR and 3S and Sunday Super SF4. Prizes are mainly going to be cash since it'll be really hard to get sponsers since nothing is being released. Will try and come up with something for the top 3 kings of capcom though. I'll only be entering for fun and not up for any prizes this Time around.

Start training now :D

Rafifty

This tournament could be pretty sweet man!

Woowooooo landed my first ever fadc thing today, the shoryuken fadc ultra1 with ryu

watch out fools im comin for you.
Steam ID: rafifty123

Rorooze

Quote from: CptMunta on May 16, 2010, 07:04:39 AM
Cheers for the offer Rorooze :)

gotta check with the missus first :p will try sort that out sooner rather than later, will try get her at a good time.

maybe i'll get on her good side using euans advice and pay for her to get a boob job.

LOL

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

yeah man , pull out the i will get you a set of damger Double D's like i told the boss wife and they will agree to anything hahahhahahahha
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

HoneyBadger

Take the Smoof option. Be mean for a month, then start acting nice. She'll feel really happy and important, then she'll do anything for you.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] weazzyefff

take the Weazzy option and start tapping all her friends. After that she'll do anything to get back in there.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Nick4now

Wow Gamestation is actually keen on holding another Street Fighter Event? Thats Awesome!

Splitting it into two days would be a good idea but the game that may take longer than expected is most likely HD Remix simply because I have met so many people who have said that they stopped playing Street Fighter after SF2 and claim to be one of CHCHs best from back in the days of Time Out, Wizzards or Dog House lol.

But then again 3s shouldn't take too long as there aren't many players. I'm sure that the only current players are CptMunta, Redtie, Propafanda, Horst and Myself with Rafifty (and maybe Loomie and RTL?) keen on learning on learning  ;D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

propafanda

cool I think gamestation is definately the better option as we know now how well the previous turnout was. With this venue and splitting it over a weekend is good. It boosts the hype and rep for 3S and HDRM a bit more on the first day towards the main SSFIV tourney on the following Sunday or so.
So the prize only includes the flight to get there. With the expense of $20 entry fee any later than the 30th of July its $30 for nationals? Plus expence of the games ok sweet.

CptMunta

I'm looking at 12-13 of June atm. Since Nora and I will be pretty busy with work after that weekend. Also the sooner we do it the cheaper the flights, can't book without a name sadly I tried last weekend.
Squeezing HDR and 3rd Strike into one day. If we can't get both days we'll just do the HDR and 3rd Strike at my place or my brothers and focus more on Super as the main event. Prize money will be split 60, 30, 10 for HDR and 3rd Strike for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Really looking forward to those tourneys since we've never really had tourneys for those games. :)

I'm thinking $10 if you pay and register before the 6th or $15 on the day. Mainly since the prizes will be hard to come by. Also if the entry fees can't meet the airfare cost the prize will be all the cash that I hope the winner can put towards a plane ticket since there may be hookups in the works.

Some other prizes are in the works for 2nd, 3rd for Super and . Gonna try and keep em' hush hush till I can see if I've got the time resources to pull it off.