• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Mashmasters goodtimes

Started by CptMunta, February 16, 2010, 09:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpunch

welcum 2 da site darthfoxx  ;D good to see another bro from chch  ;D

Quote from: redtie on February 20, 2010, 02:09:26 AM

Auckland ain't got shit on that

lol gutter trash

CptMunta

Quote from: Darthfoxx on February 19, 2010, 08:30:39 PM
Hey guys, I'm a long time chch gamer of the timezone colombo scene you might have met me at some stage...I had a wee hiatus from gaming for a while, really cut down my game time when I got a PC and then soon after that my wife had our second child. I have 2 awesome young boys, so I spend a lot of time with my family, but I just started playin again since I got into SFIV recently, Marc flicked me an NZISM business card and here I am. Yo.
About my game: I used to have mad Tekken skills back in the TTT days... I got into Tekken 5, but not as much, and by the time Tekken 6 came around I had a busier schedule so I've only played it a little. I've enjoyed some time as one of chch's best CVS2 players and I'm still keen for a game of that, but atm I'm really trying to denoobify myself with Marc's help in SFIV lol. So yeah, thats my arcade stat sheet. Pleased to meet you all, hope to mash something soon. Got my eye on this stick so I can get some prac in at home. Would go for the HORI FS3 but I'm not made of money =)

Yeah bro ggs yesterday, welcome to NZism  :)

You're picking it up SF4 pretty fast though. Surprised you took out Redtie's Bison after Redtie took down Andrew's Blanka. Just have to get the Focus Cancelling trick down and the game will open up for you. Especially since you're maining Ken. Also learning what's not safe at close range now thanks to focus attacks. Alot of us here are in Camp Dad too, myself included, hope your son diggs his new wheels :)
We'll be there next week same time if your keen to get some more games in. Will PM with my cell and keep up you updated in case we have some random meetups/events.

I think that mayflash stick is a good entry level stick and you can always pimp with Sanwa parts like alot of dudes on this forum. Once you get your stick sorted you should get a copy of SF4 for PC or XBox and start rocking online. Either that or wait for Super to come out.

Me and Andrew ended up at Scott's garage of gaming goodness afterwards. Scott's Ryu is really improving. Beat my Ryu just before we left dammit! He's really hungry to level up after the tourney. Andrew's Blanka is full of surprises too. Kind of cool he's maining him now since I struggle with that matchup.

GGs Marc, sorry I couldn't stay for long. Next week should be all good though. Went into uni and there's an xbox 360 set-up up stairs in one of the student common rooms and I think its permanent too. That might be the new meet up place haha

Nice job on setting up that tourney, we gotta get some hype on this. Do some payment art on the carpet in TZ, I'll keep a look out.

Went into that barber opposite dumplings for my haircut and they have a SF2:CE cabinet on free play in there.

@Darthfoxx, Welcome welcome bro. Was that you today? I was the Bison player. Its good to see us getting more players in. Fuck the mayflash bro, get one of these . Be looking forward to playing you more on SF4 and TTT

*edit: Shit I almost forgot I got a quick snapshot of the boys at our last session

http://img691.imageshack.us/i/theboysm.jpg

Auckland ain't got shit on that

Nice photo  ;D

I heard a about that Barber with a CE machine a while back. Random?! I's got there if they do Afrovers. Heard from MJT from Dunedin He should be up i CHCH now, I might invite him round this arvo or tomorrow to get some games in before Friday. He's keen on learning some Akuma who I'm good at playing against him but shit at playing him. How are you you and Nick with Akuma? He'll be at our next Mashup at Timezone for sure.

That uni setup sounds mean  ;) . It's probably COD MW2 dominated. If we play SF4 at uni spectators would probably say something like:

Scrub 1 "What the fuck is this Dragonball Z bullshit?
Scrub 2 "Oh THAT game, it's called street fighter, they just copied tekken and added magic to  it. See?.. That Goile guy looks just like Paul."

Oh and xpunch beware of my random Lanyard of death (See pic)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

xpunch

haha my super duper gang banger fadc Lanyard of death will mash ur random Lanyard of death any day we packed and straped (see pic)

What up CH CH  8)

btw im pretty hyped about that gamestation ssf4 gig you sorted out munta  ;D
i might have to hitch hike my way down 2 ur house  :D so il leave a week b4 the tourny and i should get there on the day  ;)

propafanda

Hey cheers guys for the ggs in timeszone and at Scotts place Mark that was awesome man. Its Andrew here if you know me from timezone that is, well you will.... Good to see yous on here Redtie, Darthfoxx, Nick4now and Mark.
Nice efforts Mark with the up and coming Super SFIV tourney in April, sounds pretty good to me for sure man.
haha nice pic Redtie.

Darthfoxx

Xpunch: "fadc lanyard of death" cracked me up big time lol. Wife wondered what was so funny, how could I begin to explain...

Cpt: I think I'll start calling you "cap", its a better nickname than "munta", especially irl...plus "cap" reminds me of Captain America and he owns. You can call me Foxx, all my gamer friends do (and I'm a gamer so all my friends are gamer friends haha).

Propa: Keen to battle your blanka again, you got skill with him for sure! fun playing a non-ryu-clone who can really pwn face =]

propafanda

Darth:  Andre is it? Yea good matches that day.Good to see your really getting into the game. Are you going to stick with ken for now? what other characters would you like to use?

xpunch

Quote from: Darthfoxx on February 20, 2010, 09:44:22 PM
Xpunch: "fadc lanyard of death" cracked me up big time lol. Wife wondered what was so funny, how could I begin to explain...

hahaha bro fadc lanyard of death = 3/10 on the funny scale lol once you read all the stuff that gets typed up on these forums esp by illbill OLEET stereomonkey lenny blackstar wezzy etc.. it becomes a common habbit refering everything to video games and every1 can take a joke here which is cool.

oh and i will be adding you now over xbl so we can get down on sf4 and its good to see another "dad" on here since us dads needa are the best at sf4 hahaha

Darthfoxx

Propa: Feilong and/or Sakura I reckon! Depending on how good I am with them =)

Xpunch: Dunno if you missed it but in my first post I mentioned that my xbox360 is k.o'd! Some time soon I'll be getting SFIV for pc and a stick, but I reckon I'll be playing you guys mostly at timezone or on your consoles :P

propafanda

@ Darth
Oh feilong thats cool and sakura unique stuff. We go into timezone on fridays around 12.30 could see you there for some battles.

Darthfoxx

Yeah Feilong was badass in SF Animated and Sakura could pull off some great combos in CvS2, it'll be fun learning a new character I've been playing shotokans for so long lol. I'm still a Ken fan though =)

stereomonkey

Welxome to the site all you Christchurch people!  Glad to see a scene happening there ;)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

CptMunta

Foxx,

We can go over some Sakura and Fei basics on Friday if you want. Both can be pretty beastly. Also some of NZism's best rock the PC I hear. Alot of the Yifan's regulars, hard out.

PropaFanda
Hey Andrew welcome aboard  :)

Yeah man it's cool to see all yous online. played Scott and Quentin at his place for some casuals. Took Q through some basics in Training mode. 2 in ones, Super cancelling etc. He really dug it. Learning Scarily quick both of them Q is learning not to flowchart with Ken and Scott's mind games have leveled up. I have to actually "play" play them to beat them now.

Also might show Timezone Columbo some love before Aprils tourney. Was talking to Damon and he was keen having a at Timezone even. An ok idea but with a few down sides:

Needs a decent prize
Only one machine
Controls that randomly freeze up
Has to be pretty much at the end of next month which is pretty soon.
Super Street Fighter IV tournament is coming
Some of our click are pad warriors.
Sorting out Promotion, prizes and posters might be a pain in the arse.

On the plus side:
Might help get more numbers for the Super tourney.
Helps the Arcade scene.
It's a street fighter tournament.

I'll chat to him again on Friday and test the waters. Having a tournament might increase both console and arcade player bases for a while at least before Super comes and owns us all (Unless it turns out worse than SF4 lol ;) )

Just thought I'd mention it. Waddya reckon? Nothing set in stone as yet.

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Nick4now

Welcome to NZism propafonda and Darthfoxx! (Even though this is my only second post  :-\)

Quote from: CptMunta on February 18, 2010, 01:08:35 PM
Oh and cheers for coming guys. I hope you get some good use out of that EVO DVD and comic Nick (nice handle BTW ;) ) :)
Thanks for the prizes I just finished reading the comic but haven't gotten around to watching the DVD yet... But yeah the handle was pretty much created by you unintentionally. lol

With the CHCH scene growing I think we're gonna need to take another photo with Darth, Scott and Q (and maybe even more other CHCH players) included  ;D ;D

Anyways, sorry Munta but my Akuma is most probably just as shit as yours lol Its great to hear that Q and Scott are leveling up  :) hopefully they drop the pad and pick up the stick lol.
But a tourney at Timezone would be pretty sweet! All the CHCH Tekken players are there and a SF4 tournament could help some of them convert  ;D. Hell I used to play Tekken 5 due to the fact that CVS2 was untouched 85% of the time I would pop in and the SF2 Aniversary edition was never played at all! >:( It'll definitely shut those idiotic tekken kids saying "You only need to mash to win in SF  :-\ :-\". I guess they've never heard of Eddy Gordo....

Quote from: Darthfoxx on February 20, 2010, 11:44:17 PM
Propa: Feilong and/or Sakura I reckon! Depending on how good I am with them =)
For Sakura you should ask Redtie for some tips. He used to own me a few times before he stopped using her (Shakes fist at Redtie's EX-tatsu resets  >:()

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

Darthfoxx

I think Feilong will have more of a show than Sakura, I like him better, but in both cases I think I'll still try a few characters before I pick an alt. I used this guide for my Ken, and the guides for Feilong and Sakura really made me see how bad they can be, especially Sakura. I just don't know if I can be bothered buying into a character who is so difficult to play well. Feilong seems ok, he has his bad points but he's still got a few good tricks.
I think I'll try Gouken instead of Sakura, he seems interesting and strong.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Of all those 3 characters, i would rate feilong and sakura higher than gouken to be honest. Probably in that order.

Feilong has great speed, great pokes and arguably one of the best FA's in the game, only downside is that he cant combo into his full ultra.

Sak also has good speed, quick normals, and awesome comboability. Great stun potential, and fantastic mixups. She's fundamentally a little weaker, but a lot of her other shit ALMOST makes up for it. She would beast more if she had a crossup (which she is getting in SSF4)

Gouken is a bit different. He has bizarre normals. Not really in a good way. Some nice damage/combos, but very few ways to actually land that shit. However backthrow + ultra is REALLY good, despite the fact that you have about 4 hours to tech the backthrow.

I would lump ken in there between feilong and sakura in my imaginary-opinion-based character strength chart. Which you should take with a grain of salt. There isnt a big gap between fei and sakura. You could say its barely a gap at all. To the point where you could argue against this list, and bring up some valid points. But this is how it sits in my opinion.

Anyway, Kens got cool shit, and he's much easier to use than the other 3, but i rate him lower than fei simply because fei's speed/pokes are that good. If ken was a touch faster, he would be better imo. And if they sort his DP's out in super he is going to rape off peoples faces.

As it stands, in terms of strength, i would personally say fei, ken, sak, gouken in that order. Fun factor is pretty even across the board. Feilong for the speed, sakura for the mixups, gouken for the weirdness, and ken simply because of this youtube video that Euan posted recently.

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.